Friday, March 16, 2012

American Idol Results Week 2 - Enough about the sponsors!

I came to a realization last night.  American Idol's results show should be renamed to The American Idol Sponsor Show.  It's basically 1 full hour of non-stop advertisements from their sponsors.  Last night the contestants attempted their acting skills in a "scary" themed Ford commercial.  I had to fast forward because i was too frightened by the acting.  But now i know, whenever I am in a situation where there are ghosts haunting me, a ford Focus will help me get through it!  YESS!  Then we had JLo plugging her magazine, her new video, her new makeup line, her new single, her new boyfriend, her new nipple slip; you get the point.  Later, we had Tommy Hilfiger; yes.. Tommy Hilfiger, come out and talk about how he is the fashion designer for the American Idol tour?  I am not even sure what to say about all this.  They seriously should just cut the show to 5 minutes and announce who is going home already or announce it on Twitter as they shamelessly plug that all night as well. 



My favorite button on the remote
Anyways, for me, the results show is usually 1 big fast forward session in which i stop it during the "dim the lights" part.  Out of nowhere my wife says to me and i quote "I'm announcing it now.  Write it down.  Don't blog about it.  At 10:01PM, on March 15, if Skyler wins American Idol I am done with this show. Enough of country.  That's 2 years in a row. They should just call it Country Idol."  You heard it here folks.  You can clearly see who the racist person is in this relationship is.   




Bottom 3 this week:


Elise
Shannon
Erika


Ryan immediately sends Elise to safety as she should.  She sang phenomenal this week.  
This leaves Shannon and Erika. Ryan tells Erika she is safe and she goes ape shit crazy happy.  I felt bad for Shannon as Erika had an i-won-the-mega-millions-moment.  


Shannon had to sing her please-save-me song for the judges. I never got this.  You have to sing the same song that got you the lowest number of votes in the competition. To me this makes no sense.  Regardless, she sang HORRENDOUSLY bad.  I had to look away.  My future daughter, Ava, hated it as well as she kicked Mommy really really hard while she was singing.   Of course the judges didn't take a second to tell her she is going home this week. 


Rose, once again, got this week correct giving her 0 points.  I had Shannon to go home last week which gets me a point this week in our  American Idol Contest


Score:
Rose - 0
Danny - 4  <--  Booooo


For prior American Idol posts click here



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...