Thursday, March 1, 2012

American Idol season 11 - Top 12 girls, half named Holly

For my prior American Idol posts click here

Last night was the top 12 women performing so let's get right to it.  


Some observations:  

  • Ryan Seacrest looks like Kermit the Frog
  • Steven Tyler decided to wear his mother's old couch cover as a shirt.
  • Does Coke sponsor American Idol?  I am not quite sure.
  • I think every girl in the competition is named Haley or Holy.. 

Steven's shirt material?





Chelsea - country chick who likes to shoot guns and hunt.  I can say this, she definitely did NOT vote for Obama!
She sang Carrie Underwood's Cowboy Cassanova. In my opinion, this is already a strike.  Country?  I can't do country.  The judges think that it wasn't that great. I guess i agree.  Nice start Chelsea. 










Erika sang What About Love by Heart. This seems to be the go-to song for the women on this show. I honestly think the Swiffer Jet sweeper sang it better in the commercial but that is just my humble opinion.  She has a great voice. Its certainly amazing what makeup can do.  She should have changed the lyrics to "What about Makeup".  I felt her voice was a little shaky in the beginning but she definitely pulled it off at the end. 








Jen - Ladies and gentlemen, we have another winemaker in the house.  Where is Ben when we need him.  (check out my Bachelor links here). 
She sang Adele's One and Only.  I didnt think her voice was nearly as strong as Adele's.  I never heard the song before and to be honest, if i didnt know Adele sang this i would say that Jen did a great job.  But i was trying to compare her voice to Adele and that's not gonna happen.  The judges and everyone else LOVED it.  Randy says she got swag which makes me realize that i have no idea what having swag really means.






Brielle - She is from Staten island which means she has the worst accent ever.  I thought i saw Pauly D and the Jersey Shore cast in her hometown video. 
She sang Otis Redding Sitting on the Dock
She took on a great singer and song and did a great job with it.  I just wasn't sure why she decided to dress like a mermaid for her performance.  Jlo says she is a true performer.  But so was Pia. Let's see what America thinks.






Haley - I can totally say that her husband TOTALLY hit the jackpot with this one. Good lordy.. On a scale of 1 to 10 she is like a 78 for him.  
She was one of my favorites of the night.  She sang.. i am not quite sure to be honest.  But i thought she had a great sultry voice.  She got the look too.  I think America is going to keep her for awhile. Her poor husband is going to be shopping online for a new chick soon. 
Randy asks where does she see herself in the music biz.  Once again Randy starts to drop his music knowledge.  Sighhhhhhh 






Schyler enjoys mud running,  4 wheeling and cow tipping in between moonlight walks on the farm.  Her family store looks like it is something out of Friday the 13th.  
She sang Stay with me by Faces.  Every time i hear this song now i think of the Rod Stewart look-alike from last season.  But she rocked out a country version of this. Again, i am not sure how to judge country music. I can say this though, she clearly beat out the other country chick and should definitely move on.  The judges didn't like her.. they LOVVEED her.  Randy has another WTF moment when he tells her and America that he recorded that a couple years ago. Seriously Randy.  Nobody cares.






Baily - Cute little country girl. Her grandfather sounds like Karl from Swingblade ummm hmmm.
She sang the song Amaze and unfortunately was the first stinkaroo for me.  She was shaky in the beginning and it didnt stop. Very very pitchy. For sure wrong song choice as the judges agreed with me. I dont see her moving on up. 








Hollie - Another Holly or Hollie or Haley.. my head hurts. 
She sang Reflection.  I dont know the song. Dont judge me.  Rose told me that its from the movie Mulan which explains how i would not know what it is.  She did a great job with it.  Strong vocals.  The judges and everyone loved it. She looked like a prom queen singing her acceptance speech.






Haley, yes another one.  She sang Sweet Dreams.  It was scary.  At one time i thought Nikki Minaj was going to rise from the floor and to the rafters. I really hope that sweet dreams are made of this.  Randy had a great line and i am embarrassed i didnt think of it. He said it reminded me of a sweet nightmare. Dang you Randy!  






Shannon - This is the cute teenager with the 17 sisters and the ex baseball player Dad that Steven said to that his daughter is hot.  hahah. That was great.  All i can say is wow her dad's head is monstrous! 
She sang something that i dont know.  She did a good job but a little shaky in some parts.  Good range.  She sang about a candle and lighting it or something.  
Steven said "You can take a lit candle and let me stick it up your ass to put it out.. mmm mm mm" ok he didnt say that but he was thiking it. Creep-oid.






Jessica - She complained about a hoarse and sore voice.  I think she was hustling everyone because god daaaaaymmmmm this bitch can sing.  She is definetely the one to beat.  She sang Love You I Do and killed it.. in a good way. 




Elise - She is the dinosaur of the bunch. A disappointing 28.  That is like 56 in American Idol years.  I think her parents are from NJ.. what upppp.  She sang an Adele song... another one?  I dont know the name of this one but god daaammmmm.  Back to back good singers.  She was one of my favs of the night.  The judges though were already talking to her like she wasnt going to make it to the next round.  Im voting for Grandma to take it. 


Official American Idol contest rules coming soon.  Play along at home.. cricket cricket.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...